MAKE A SPLASH IN CLASS WITH OUR FUN WATER FACTS
• Aug 31st 2022 • by GLASGLOW GIRLS CLUB • 0 Comments
A blog brought to you by Macb!
If there’s one thing we know a lot about here at Macb, it’s water! We’ve pulled together some of our top water facts and figures – have fun learning about one of our favourite things!
- Did you know that the human body is mostly made up of water? It sounds weird but it’s true – grown-ups are around 55 – 60% water (children are about 65% water).
- This will make you think – a human brain is 80% water.
- Around 71% of the earth’s surface is water – that’s a lot of places to paddle!
- In 2021 the amount of Macb water sold added up to the equivalent weight of more than 56 blue whales. That’s a lot of water!
- Water isn’t just refreshing, it’s essential – every living thing on the planet needs it to survive.
- Staying hydrated by drinking enough water will help you concentrate, can stop you getting a headache and help make you feel less tired.
- Doctors and scientists say that you should try to drink at least one and a half litres of water every day.
- In the last five years, we sold enough Macb flavoured water to fill 20 Olympic size swimming pools (that would be one refreshingly fruity swimming lesson!).
- A five-minute shower uses about 45 litres of water (that’s 90 bottles of Macb!).
- Last year, a bottle of Macb was sold every two seconds (that’s 30 bottles a minute!